Dear Church Family:
On March 12, Governor Roy Cooper announced the state’s new guidance for dealing with the coronavirus (COVID-19). Among the things he requested is that all gatherings of 100 people or more be cancelled or postponed.
Out of respect for our governing officials, and in an effort to best protect and minister to our church members and community, First Baptist Church Creedmoor will be canceling its service this Sunday, March 15. We anticipate that this guidance for remaining closed will remain in place at least two weeks, but we will continue to update you with any new information as we have it.
However, because our Sunday School classes are groups of fewer than 100 people, we have decided to continue to hold our Sunday School hour this Sunday. Each person and family must decide for themselves whether they want to participate in Sunday school based on their health and personal concerns. We encourage you to do what is best for your situation and circumstances.
During the Sunday school time, we will have information for you on ways that we are trying to provide a worship experience for our church through some of the great tools available to us thanks to technology. Our staff is working hard to be able to bring you our service online. We will be broadcasting our service on Facebook Live, for those who have a Facebook account (look up FBC Creedmoor). We are also working on other ways to broadcast our service for others and will update you as those resources become available. We encourage you to continue worshiping through giving your tithes and offerings either during the Sunday school hour or online at our church website (www.fbccreedmoor.org) by clicking on the “Give Online” link in the top menu.
Our Pastors, Deacons and church leaders desire to serve our church and our community and will do our best to respond to requests for assistance and other needs. If you wish to have someone visit you, or if you need help with other things, please contact the church office at 919-528-2351, or e-mail us.
Although the number of COVID-19 cases in North Carolina are not widespread yet, we recognize that drastic measures are sometimes required to avoid a worst-case scenario. Our greatest concern is to honor and glorify our Lord, Jesus Christ, and to be as good of a witness to and member of our community as we can be.
In an effort to meet the challenges presented by the COVID-19 virus in a responsible way that also reflects our trust in Jesus Christ, we encourage you to take the following steps:
- Practice handwashing often. Wash your hands for at least twenty (20) seconds.
- Instead of greeting one another with a hug or handshake, we encourage you to “bump” someone’s fist, elbow, or have a little fun and try bowing to one another.
- Please cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or with your elbow. Please dispose of used tissues in a trash can and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards.
- If the virus spreads in our community, older adults may want to stay home instead of going out. You can stay connected to us via our church website at www.fbccreedmoor.org, and you can also call the church office with questions, prayer requests, and needs. CD’s of the service will continue to be available (in addition to the online sermons) and can be sent to your home.
- Our church will be testing out “Facebook Live” to broadcast our Sunday services live as they happen each Sunday. You can log into your Facebook account (or we can help you create one if you don’t have one already) and go to our church’s Facebook page and view our live broadcast each Sunday.
- We will continue to monitor conditions and update our practices as necessary and will inform our church members in a timely manner.
Finally, let’s remember what the Bible says. In these anxious days, the church can shine as a light of hope, care, faith, patience, and prudence, demonstrating for the world how our faith provides true assurance against worry and fear.
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body… Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” Matthew 6:25–27
Contact e-mails for church staff:
Pastor Eric – email@example.com
Pastor Nick – firstname.lastname@example.org
Christa – email@example.com
Rebekah – firstname.lastname@example.org
For news, information, sermons, and other resources, visit our Church Website at www.fbccreedmoor.org
Grace and Peace,